Links for Tuesday 25 October 2011
- Travel Back In Time With Yahoo! Maps | Londonist
- Yahoo’s (and therefore Flickr’s) aerial photos are about a decade old. Watching Yahoo slowly stagnate and decay and crumble is like seeing a once-excitingly new part of town become a ruined no-go zone.
- A 53% Surge in Poverty Rate Is Reshaping Suburbs - NYTimes.com
- I’ve thought for years, decades, that when sprawling suburbs with few through roads stop being comfortably wealthy, their unlivableness is going to be horribly apparent. Dead ends in two senses.
- I cite: End of #OccupyWallStreet: conflict over drummers
- Nothing good can come of drumming circles. But this is very interesting. People who simply won’t play the rules (however collectively those rules are agreed) are why democracies end up with police forces. And online communities end up banning people. etc. (via @ianbetteridge)