- Links for Tuesday 4 March 2014
- Citybound - The Beginning
- Absolute Positioning and Horizontal/Vertical Centering
- Using CSS alone, no JS. I'm waiting for the inevitable real-world use in which this won't work. There must be one. Surely. There usually is. (via @jamesweiner)
- After all that… TextDrive is finally disappearing on March 14th. I now have a lot to do in the next ten days.
- Links for Monday 3 March 2014
- the californian ideology - the hypermedia research centre - University of Westminster
- I re-read that. It all seems true still except, perhaps, the optimistic hope that Europe could be different.
- Being a client
- A brief bit about the new Code for America website. So worth it for all the Clearleft and pattern library related links. All of them front-end-development gold, leading to even more.
- "Lean & mean status/tabline for vim." I think this is nice. I don't know any more. Tom seemed to think it was good and I haven't added anything to my vim setup for ages. (via @infovore)
- Links for Sunday 2 March 2014
- Links for Thursday 27 February 2014
- Links for Monday 24 February 2014
- Graph TV
- Shows graphs of IMDB ratings for all episodes of a TV series. Nice and simple.
- Links for Sunday 23 February 2014
- Course: Doing Journalism with Data, First Steps, Skills and Tools
- "Five week" free online introductory data journalism course starting "early 2014". No idea how much time it's supposed to take, but I've signed up anyway. Sounds like a good intro. (via The Functional Art)
- How to get a ready-to-wear suit altered - Permanent Style
- I thought I'd saved this before, but obviously not. Not that I've ever needed it, but still, interesting.
- Overheard: Steven Soderbergh | Film Comment
- From 2013, on the state of cinema, the difference between "movies" and "cinema", wondering what's happening, how no one knows anything. A good read.
- Links for Friday 21 February 2014
- Kiev's fatigue
- Really good photos of people in Kiev. Maybe taken before the recent fighting. Just waiting, tired. (via The Online Photographer)