Latest, here and elsewhere
- Code highlighting for Keynote presentations
- Surprisingly painless and useful. Which isn't to say entirely painless, but less than expected.
- Who’s On First · Mapzen
- On making, basically, a database of places. You don't need to understand the technical details to get a sense of the huge difficulties in translating these odd human concepts into something more computery. From August 2015. (via @simonw)
- Extended Date Time Format (Library of Congress)
- Creating a spec for dates, including uncertain dates, approximate dates, unkown parts of dates, dates with years beyond (+/-)9999, seasons.
Since ripping all my CDs and only buying MP3s, I’ve missed the ability to easily browse my albums when deciding what to play. While I don’t hate iTunes as much as many people seem to, it still turns music into a joyless spreadsheet.
In Writing on 5 Sep 2015
At Septivium on 25 Mar 2013