Four months ago I asked on Twitter for suggestions of board games that work well with two players. Here are the suggestions.
- Agricola (8.0) (@adrianhon “works decently in 2 player”)
- Battle Line (7.4) (@adrianhon)
- Carcassone (7.4) (@hakeofdoom)
- Deep Sea Adventure (7.1) (@funnyonceaday)
- Forbidden Desert co-operative (7.3) (@dracos)
- Hive Pocket (7.7) (@hakeofdoom)
- Istanbul (7.6) (@_benji “great”)
- Jaipur (7.5) (@joshon)
- Lost Cities (7.1) (@adrianhon, @jamesjefferies, @JamesWallis “a classic”)
- Odin’s Ravens (7.2) (@dracos)
- Patchwork (7.8) (@JamesWallis “sublime”)
- Pandemic (7.7) (@Mimsletoe “makes your head hurt”)
- Puerto Rico (8.1) (@genmon “a favourite”)
- Race for the Galaxy (7.8) (@hakeofdoom)
- Ravens of Thri Sahashri (7.4) (@JamesWallis “v good”)
- Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective (7.8) (@JamesWallis “a pleasure with any number”)
- Star Realms (7.6) (@hakeofdoom)
- Stratego (6.0) (@alaric)
- Twilight Struggle (8.4) (@JamesWallis “meaty”)
I’ve linked to the games’ pages on BoardGameGeek and included their average rating on the site. I’ve also added the names and comments, if any, of those who suggested them. Thanks to all of you!
We’ve yet to even look through them properly and choose what to start with, but getting a list together seemed like a good, if belated, first step.
Commenting is disabled on posts once they’re 30 days old.