This year, when I haven’t been coding TheyWorkForYou.com, I’ve been employed at the lovely Poke working on the new Jamie Oliver website, which launched yesterday. I feel rather too close to it now to describe it in any detail, but a few bullet-pointed highlights for you:
- Clean but lively design by Steve Pearce (aka Buzz) at Poke.
- CSS-tastic HTML by yours truly. I rather like the two-level main menu (top right) and the single pixels removed from the corners of those beige and white blocks (based on A List Apart’s Sliding Doors technique).
- Jamie not only has the weblog-like diary that began on the site’s previous incarnation, but a moblog hot from his phone — it’ll be interesting to see what he does with this.
- A new forum based on a heavily-customised phpBB and already awash with enthusiastic foodies.
- Oodles of Jamie’s recipes.
- A weekly wine column by Fifteen’s wine man, Matt Skinner.
- And finally, helping you keep up to date with all of the above, RSS feeds for the whole shebang.