Links for Sunday 6 September 2009
- Viewing Large Images - OpenLayers, GSIV, ModestMaps, DeepZoom, and Python « Itinerant Source
- Someone looking at different ways to display very large, pannable, zoomable images on the web.
- GMapCreator, OpenLayers and OpenStreetMap
- “Get data from a shapefile onto OpenStreetMap using OpenLayers and the GMapCreator.” Example includes a method for using image tiles named with keyhole strings into something OpenLayers can use.
- Narcissism of small differences - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- “The term describes the manner in which our negative feelings are sometimes directed at people who resemble us, while we take pride from the ‘small differences’ that distinguish us from them.” ‘Generation X’s Anti-Victim Device?
- The 3 key parts of news stories you usually don’t get at Newsless.org
- We get “What just happened”. We don’t get “The longstanding facts”, “How journalists know what they know” and “The things we don’t know”. Good stuff. (via Daring Fireball)