Links from December 2007
- Links for Friday 14 December 2007
- Perl on Rails - Why the BBC Fails at the Internet | I Am Seb
- The only surprising thing about this was that so many people were surprised. A lot of BBC employees' energies are spent trying to circumvent Siemens, from desktop support to website hosting.
- Wired 14.11: The Church of the Non-Believers
- Dawkins, Dennett, Sam Harris. (via The Same River Twice)
- Facebook | My Privacy
- The page for opting out of Facebook's Beacon "feature" that tells people what you've been buying on other sites.
- Interview: 'Eine' and the letters he paints on east London shop shutters | I Shot the Deputy
- I've been meaning to look up the story behind the letters I cycle past every day, and a photo by Alice prompted me to do so.
- Russell davies: conference advice
- Bookmarked in the hope some more obscure conferences are recommended.
- Video - The Best Ever Death Metal Band out of Denton
- (A reluctant) Eddie Argos out of Art Brut singing along with the Mountain Goats at the Union Chapel a week ago. Made me very happy.
- Links for Friday 28 December 2007
- Grange Hill Online | Series 31 is coming!
- Being shown "exclusively" on CBBC", old theme tune returns, age range covered is moving downward for a younger audience, "fantasy sequences" being introduced... doesn't sound good.
- Daring Fireball: Yet Another in the Ongoing Series Wherein I Examine a Piece of Supposedly Serious Apple Analysis From a Major Media Outlet and Dissect Its Inaccuracies, Fabrications, and Exaggerations Point-by-Point, Despite the Fact That No Matter How E
- Are there sites that pick apart UK press stories with the same rigour and humour that Gruber uses when filleting Appple-oriented nonsense? I want to read them if so.
- Rickstones Yearbook 1986 - a photoset on Flickr
- Photos and drawings from my school 21 years ago. You can see me in class 4R (the same photo as 4C on the thumbnails). Also, top row of thumbnails, fourth from left. Good work Ted!
- The Colorblind James Experience: Absolutely More!
- History of the band, with MP3s to download, by people in the band.
- Software projects - For Omnigraffle
- Handy scripts for Omnigraffle. Stars, charts, graphs, spirals, arcs, etc.
- The Adaption to my Generation - A Daily Photo Project ++ c 7 11 23 ++ JK Keller
- Self-portrait photos, daily for eight years. Not as hypnotising as Noah Kalina's SImpsons-parodied one, but more extensive. Best when he grows his hair. (via Kevin Kelly)
- Links for Sunday 30 December 2007
- Alex Green
- Lovely illustrations (warning: plays music and, like most illustrators' sites, features an annoying and tiresomely unique interface).
- Adactio: Journal — Hacky holidays on OS X
- How to set up virtual hosts, PHP5 and MySQL on Leopard, for when I upgrade soonish.
- FFFFOUND! - philgyford's found
- I'm gradually getting used to using Ffffound! Mostly images I've seen before so far, but hopefully it'll inspire me to find new things too.
- YouTube - Los Campesinos - You! Me! Dancing!
- Fun animated video for one of my favourite tunes of 2006 AND 2007. The animation bears no relation to the song, but still... (via Drawn!)
- Eudora Mailbox Cleaner
- After nearly 14 years with Eudora I might switch to Mail.app when I upgrade to Leopard. This looks like just what I need for exporting and importing my life safely.
- Aaron.harnly.net » Letterbox
- A plugin for Mail.app that rearranges the interface into three columns, which might help me survive the switch from Eudora.
- Another Mail.app plugin that gives you a three column interface. Better / worse / different to Letterbox?