Links from June 2006
- Links for Friday 2 June 2006
- iCalShare - BBC Radio 4 schedule
- Nice iCal-able schedule. (via Haddock)
- Amazon.co.uk: Building Scalable Web Sites: Books
- Cal has a book out! Sounds interesting and very useful.
- Flickr: The London Flickr Scavenger Hunt
- Nice treasure hunt idea -- you're given a set of photos and, I think, you have to go and take identical ones around London. There's one tomorrow.
- USSR posters - a photoset on Flickr
- 1,500 "Russian and/or Soviet propaganda & advert posters from 1917 to 1991." (via Kottke)
- iCal Exchange
- "an easy way to publish ... calendars using [iCal's] built-in 'Publish to a web server' mechanism." Been a bit quiet for a while though.
- The New York Review of Books: City Lights
- Review of Tristram Hunt's 'Building Jerusalem: The Rise and Fall of the Victorian City'. Were things better when wealthy Victorians did things for the plebs? (Subscribers only unfortunately)
- Links for Friday 9 June 2006
- Guardian Unlimited Arts | Arts critics | It's not as easy as it looks
- Jonathan Jones on learning to draw (via Rodcorp).
- Botld - In 2008, I stop using email.
- If practical it would be a nice balance of high and low tech. Tempting. (via ChrisDodo)
- Startup Reality Distortion #4: Flickr, MySpace and Others Did It, So You Can Too
- Second in today's links that crush dreams.
- London Tube Map With Distance Grids
- The conventional tube map with geographic distortions shown by a bendy grid. (via Tom Carden)
- Mattias Adolfsson
- Wonderful, solid, sketchy drawings. Click the "Drawing" or "Sketch Books" links. Inspiring. (via Drawn!)
- MT Extensions: MTTagInvoke 0.9
- I could have done with this so many times before this week, when I stumbled across it. Linking to it because I'll forget the name by next week.
- My coffeehouse nightmare. By Michael Idov
- Why not to dream about running a coffeeshop.
- Vitamin Features
- Links for Friday 16 June 2006
- Bristol school of art media & design - UWE Bristol - Major Redevelopment for Bower Ashton Campus
- My old college is having a
- Links for Saturday 24 June 2006
- Analyst Equity: Mid-Atlantic reading on the English
- I like the summary of American/English character differences (via ObLinks).
- A List Apart: Articles: The Bathing Ape Has No Clothes (and other notes on the distinction between style and design)
- I'm sure I'll need this again at some point. On why so many "designers" are actually "stylists".
- Jacob Borshard
- 'The Last Brontosaurus' is my current favourite album and it's free! Treading the fine line between twee and heart-breaking. (via Said the Gramophone)
- Web Development with... Safari : journal : hicksdesign ?