Links from June 2005
- Links for 2 June 2005
- Michael Tsai - Blog - My New Backup Strategy
- I'm always intrigued by other people's Mac backup strategies.
- Links for 3 June 2005
- Tom coates passed me (2 June 2005, Interconnected)
- Matt Webb on his book collection. Great stuff. At least as interesting as Nick Hornby's fun 'The Polysyllabic Spree'.
- Links for 7 June 2005
- BBC - Radio 3 - Beethoven Experience - downloads
- So close. Otherwise fab idea greatly marred by not splitting MP3s into movements and including the announcer's long introduction! Doh.
- Links for 10 June 2005
- Google Sightseeing
- Gobsmacked. Imagine when the rest of the world is photo-mapped at Google.
- Links for 13 June 2005
- BulletinBoardForum.com - 44 - Ukelele player
- Just neatly competent at first. But after a while his hand speeds up until you can't see it any more.
- 'I will get three friends to sign up to the Proportional Representation Groundswell' - PledgeBank - Tell the world "I'll do it, but only if you'll help"
- PledgeBank, a new site from MySociety. Comes with Brian Eno's pledge about proportional representation.
- Wonderfully professional and geeky video how-to guides, like how to build a MythTV box. (via Wonderland)
- Links for 15 June 2005
- iTerm (Terminal replacement for Mac OS X)
- "Anti-idle function that avoids disconnection because of no activity" could be handy.
- Alex Bosworth's Weblog: Ajax Mistakes
- For the future, when I get round to playing with Ajax.
- Google SiteMaps for Movable Type - now with correct Last Modified dates (Anders Jacobsen's blog)
- Another one for the ever-growing "some day" file.
- Jeffrey Veen: Designing for the subtlety of Ajax
- Also to read when I get round to doing Ajax stuff.
- Links for 16 June 2005
- London Pirate Radio Listings
- Loads of them, slightly varying formats.
- Links for 18 June 2005
- The Speculist
- Future-oriented weblog I hadn't come across before.
- Links for 22 June 2005
- Eclectech : the very model of a modern labour minister : a tribute to charles clarke and his id cards
- Wonderful. The only thing that would make this better was if it was released and got to Number 1...
- LRB | Patrick Wright : Cubist Slugs
- Particularly for the first two-thirds, outlining the fascinating art-influenced history of early camouflage. Worth a read.
- Stella Artois - Le Sacrifice , ad, advert | visit4info | TV/Cinema
- I don't like adverts, but I do smile when I see this fake surrealist film ad at the cinema. Nicely done.
- Links for 24 June 2005
- Sign Builder 2.0 - Industrial Signage
- Excellent web tool for generating PDF signs with standard icons. Hours of ANSI standard fun. (via Cool Tools)
- Links for 26 June 2005
- More Ajaxy stuff to investigate when time allows.
- Links for 28 June 2005
- The knowledge: Euan Semple - Inside Knowledge
- Interesting article about the philosophy of the BBC's head of knowledge management.
- Keepgoing.org :: The Big Fish - Ten years later, the story of Suck.com, the first great website
- Ahh, Wired lore. Lots to read. Big slow page.
- Links for 30 June 2005
- Wonderland: The thing about videogames
- Love this. Like Alice, the cheesiest US TV dramas can make me cry. So when will I feel for anyone in a computer game?
- Harris Cyclery Articles
- Oodles of articles about adjusting bicycle bits and other bike topics.
- Anti-mega: web affordances
- Chris on two quite nasty things I hadn't noticed about Bloglines.