Links from October 2004
- Links for 4 October 2004
- Front Page - css-discuss
- The wiki for the css-discuss email list, chock full of answers to common questions. Handy.
- Links for 7 October 2004
- Globalvote 2004 - where non-americans get to vote - have your say in the US election
- New from those fabulous folks at Poke (and others).
- Sparkly Trainers | The travels of Mary Loosemore: We're in!
- I'm still stressed. It'll probably fade soon. Can't believe we're there.
- Links for 8 October 2004
- BBC - BBC Four Music - Gillian Welch Session
- Tonight or tomorrow... if her recentish show at Shepherd's Bush Empire was anything to go by, this should be awesome.
- Links for 11 October 2004
- Anti-mega: can we get excited yet?
- Chris is living in the future. And it's over there.
- OZtrading.net - The OZ magazine trading site - Library of Issues
- Archive of scanned Oz magazines.
- Links for 13 October 2004
- Making Your Content Management System Work for You: An Interview with Jeffrey Veen
- Jeffrey Veen: Making A Better Open Source CMS
- Moan, moan, moan. But in a good way.
- Links for 14 October 2004
- Chalet lounge, catered ski and snowboard accomodation, Chamonix - Cookbook
- Recipes -- and some good tips -- from Sarah and Tom's Chalet.
- Joel on Software - The Guerrilla Guide to Interviewing
- About interviewing programmers, but useful otherwise too perhaps.
- Links for 15 October 2004
- Kevin Kelly -- Cool Tools - A Review of Review Sites
- The best sites that review all kinds of things. Useful round-up.
- Links for 20 October 2004
- About Desktop Manager
- Been using this for a few days now, and it's invaluable if you only have one screen.
- Links for 21 October 2004
- adaptive path
- Peter Merholz ponders how to make user-added keywords (or
- Audioscrobbler :: It's a job, but not as we know it..
- Just how tempting is this!?
- Subterranea Britannica: Sites: Bishopsgate Goods Station (Goodsyard)
- Interesting report on the history and future of the location, and it uses one of my photos (on the fourth page).
- Links for 26 October 2004
- BBC - Radio 1 News - John Peel
- Links for 27 October 2004
- Copy, Right?
- MP3 blog devoted to cover versions. Don't know why no one did it before!
- Links for 28 October 2004
- Internet Archive Wayback Machine - Robots.txt Query Exclusion.
- HotWired launched ten years ago yesterday but you can't see older versions on archive.org because HotWired have blocked it from archiving their site.
- Links for 29 October 2004
- Archinect : School Blog Project
- A collection of weblogs by students at architecture schools around the world, documenting their experiences. Every academic discipline should have this.
- Flickr and PHP by Cal Henderson (PDF)
- Interesting presentation... only wish I could see Cal present it.
- Links for 31 October 2004
- 43 Folders: OSX inventories, tips
- Very handy list of links to peoples' collections of tips for getting the most from your Mac.
- Cars to Vanish in $50M Tunnel Town
- 100 homes, $50 million, all cars underground in a planned development in Russia.
- Guardian Unlimited | The Guardian | Fallen fruit
- Why many varieties of British apples are gone forever. I bet right-wingers who want to