Saturday 26 February 2011
Check-ins and located tweets and photos for this day
- Flexible with strong faces
Tidying up, I came across a text file I was updating while signed up for a couple of services that sent out casting calls for adverts and short films. This was a couple of years ago. Some of the descriptions of the actors required were bizarre or, occasionally, delightful. So here are some of the most interesting.
In Misc on 26 February 2011. Permalink
- Links for Saturday 26 February 2011
- Pattern, a Python module for mining web data
- Lovely looking module for grabbing data from a variety of web sources, analysing it, and displaying results in different ways. (via Waxy)
- LRB · Benjamin Kunkel · How Much Is Too Much?
- “Harvey observes these contradictions sharpening over time, as finance capital becomes ever more mobile while beds of infrastructure grow increasingly Procrustean: ‘The disjunction of the quest for hypermobility and an increasingly sclerotic built environment (think of the huge amount of fixed capital embedded in Tokyo or New York City) becomes ever more dramatic.’”
- Reading Marx’s Capital with David Harvey » Reading Capital
- “David Harvey has been teaching Karl Marx’s Capital, Volume I for nearly 40 years, and his lectures are now available online for the first time. This open course consists of 13 video lectures of Professor Harvey’s close chapter by chapter reading of Capital, Volume I.” I bet that's good. Also, CC-licensed.
- SamKnows - Telephone Exchange Search
- Handy thing that shows you lots of information about your nearest telephone exchange, and the broadband services, LLU operators, etc available.
- The Technium: Free Kindle This November
A comment posted on another site on 26 February 2011. Permalink