This is an archived version of my home page. For the current version go here.
- Combining things into one RSS feed
- Sucking up four RSS feeds and spitting them out in one combined feed. But it doesn’t quite seem to work in some feed readers. Help appreciated. 24 Dec 2004
- Posting links from del.icio.us to Movable Type
- I wrote some perl to transfer del.icio.us links — both today’s and old dusty ones from the past — to appropriately dated Movable Type entries. 16 Dec 2004
- More del.icio.us fiddling
- A couple of changes to what I’m doing with del.icio.us - if you bookmarked my page or feed you may want to change it slightly… 8 Dec 2004
Seb's Open Research - del.icio.us backlink feeds
And a post about Commentlogging beneath that.
Photos: Mecha evolution | CNET News.com
The history of giant robot exoskeletons in five easy steps.
cityofsound: Los Angeles: Grand Theft Reality
Particularly for the deja vu photos of virtual and real LA.
USATODAY.com - Play is under siege
USA Today advocates adaptively designed toys for kids (if not in so many words).
iamcal.com - publish - PHP : Searching with PHP and MySQL
If only all code examples were explained as well (and appeared so solid) as Cal's.
- How Buildings Learn by Stewart Brand
- It’s taken me years to get round to buying and reading this book (and months to type the notes up), but it was worth the wait. It made me look at buildings and the building process differently, and I’ve had… 24 Oct 2004
- Amusing Ourselves to Death by Neil Postman
- To be honest I was a little disappointed by Amusing Ourselves to Death, although this may have been due to high hopes raised by having heard the book mentioned a lot. Much of it seemed either blindingly obvious, or like… 26 Sep 2004
- Euro Foo Camp: Simon Wardley - 3D Printing
- Wardley and his two Canon colleagues aren’t working in this (I think) but have been interested in this for a few years. This stuff is all so close now…… 22 Aug 2004
Recently at Overmorgen.com
- The Pro-Am Revolution
- Looking at Demos’s report on the growth of professional-level amateurs in a bewildering array of fields. Have they cast the net too wide and are merely re-branding hobbies? 15 Dec 2004
- Materials and Processes weblog
- A weblog focusing on, er, the latest materials and processes. 30 Nov 2004
- The current state of computer displays
- What the US military are doing with LCDs and what they want from future displays. 24 Nov 2004